Sunday, April 5, 2015

Easter Weekend

We started the weekend off with the Autumn Winds egg scramble.  We love going to that one.  Not a lot of people and it is fun to see the elderly watching the kids.
The girls were not afraid of the bunny this year!

Bentley got to participate.  He successfully got himself one egg and was very excited about it.

There it is!





Still hanging onto that egg.

The egg scrambling crew!

After the soccer game, we busted out egg dye.  Not sure why I thought glitter egg dye was a good idea last year when I picked it up in the after Easter clearance.  I hate glitter!



He didn't know you had to remove the shell first.


They look cute though.

Ryleigh hollered from her bed at 6:15 this morning asking if it was morning.  I told her no and to go back to sleep.  Every 10 min I heard the question again.  Eventually her and Bailey went to play in their room and at 7 I heard, "Mom, my clock says 7:00.  Can we go downstairs yet?"  I told he we had to wait for Bentley to wake up.  10 minutes later, "Mom, I think I hear Bentley."  Nope not yet.  at 7:15 Bentley was awake so we headed downstairs.  If only she woke up that easily on school days.


After Bailey found her first egg, she was mad that she had glitter all over her hands.  Ryleigh continued finding the eggs and we heard Bailey in the bathroom washing her hands.  I think she only found one more because she wasn't a fan of the glitter either.

Bentley found one!

Ryleigh was excited to find this one.  

After the eggs were all put back in the carton, we were still missing one.  Ryleigh's conclusion was that the Easter Bunny ate it so she quickly gave up.  Bailey gave up a long time before.  I looked at the picture from coloring them to see what color it was.  I thought it was yellow so I was looking for a yellow egg.  After I had searched a long time for that egg, I told the kids whoever found it would get a dollar.  Seconds later Ryleigh found the missing egg.  However, it was blue.  I had made a yellow and green egg and in the picture the yellow was showing.  This morning, the green was showing.  Remember the blue egg Bailey found and got glitter all over her hands?  She, for some reason, put it in one of the drawers in the kitchen.  Maybe if we told her we were looking for a blue egg she might have told us she hid it in the drawer.  Silly girl.

Bentley crawled right over to see what was in his basket.


Now we get to enjoy the day listening to General Conference to remember our Savior on this Easter Sunday.  We are grateful for Him and His sacrifice for us.


No comments: