Monday, June 3, 2013

"I potty too?"

The last couple of weeks Bailey has asked every once in a while to go potty.  I was planning on training her the first part of the summer so it was perfect timing.  She was ready.  She even asked while we were camping to go in the pit toilets several times.

Thursday evening I put her in her Dora underwears.  I thought start with an evening so as not to exhaust her or me.  I remember how exhausting it is.  I put her on the potty every little bit and she went each time.  We went the whole evening accident free!  Maybe this won't be so exhausting after all.

This is was kept them entertained in between.  Ryleigh thought she would be helpful and go with out pants too.


Devin was home with them Friday while I was at my last day of work.  She only had one accident in her pull up when she was suppose to be taking a nap.  They went out to lunch and ran a few errands and she asked to use the potty while they were out and stayed dry.  I came home and Devin reported that this potty training business is a piece of cake.

She loves her Dora underwears.

This weekend she continued to do well.  Every time we put her on, she squeezes something out.  It is a piece of cake!  She prefers to wait and go number 2 when we put her in a pull up for bed.  Today she asked to go and it was number 2!  For the record, I have only cleaned up 2 #1s and 2 #2s.  Not bad at all for 4 day.

Today she wanted to bring Dora and her potty to the bathroom with her.

Not sure where she got this idea, but she holds her shirt up with her mouth.
Way to go Bailey!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah Bay!!! Way to be a big girl! How nice is it to not change diapers! Glad to hear she is a piece of a cake cause potty training is NO fun :) Blake was just like Bay once he decided he wanted to do it, but is was 4 months before his 3rd bday....Ashlyn was 2 months after 2nd bday but it was a 2 week ordeal and soooo frustrating! So glad I don't have to do that ever again :)

Melissa F said...

Oh my gosh I am sooo jealous! I have a 1 day away from 3 year old boy that has noooooooooooooooo interest. None at all. He will never pee on the potty, just right when he finally gets off - on the carpet. He says he wants to wear diapers forever and I think he really does. And maybe he will. :( When I bought him pull ups he told me that he was pretending they were diapers. Yuck! Leah was super easy - one day kind of gal so I was spoiled. I guess I have to bite teh bullet and just keep the steam vac out and throw out the diapers.