Sunday, July 19, 2009

A Day at the Lake

We decided to take Lizzie to the lake yesterday to see if she was any braver with water than she was last summer. This time she actually went to the water instead of freaking out, pulling as hard as she possibly could on the leash and therefore choking herself, to get as far away as possible from any body of water. But alas, she still doesn't like water.


She liked it for awhile, as long as she was only ankle deep (do dogs have ankles?) But, as you can see, if we tried to take her out further she would try her hardest to get back to shore.


I eventually got her to go into the lake deep enough to see if she would swim. Sure enough, one time around me and then she put her fronts paws up on me hoping I would pick her up (as she does when there is something she is afraid of) and save her from the horrible lake. What dog doesn't like water? I think we need to trade her in for a new model. She won't be returning to the lake with us anytime soon.


This is how Ryleigh spent her day at the Lake. Hopefully when she gets a little bit older she will like the lake more than Lizzie does.

1 comment:

Melissa F said...

I've actually already been reading your blog.:) I think I saw the address on FB somehow too. I actually don't remember how I got to it. I don't mind you reading mine at all.
Ryleigh is really cute too.