Thursday, July 9, 2009

2 Months

Ryleigh had her 2 month check up this morning which meant she got her first shots. No fun for baby or mom. She weighs 11 lbs 2 oz and is 22 1/2 inches long. She is growing just like she should be. I can't believe she is already 2 months old.

Ok, Nicole said I was a bad mother for not including a picture on this post. Here it is, just taken today. Yes, she is sucking her thumb and twirling her hair. She will no longer take a pacifier. Dad finally gave in and doesn't pull her thumb out of her mouth anymore. It is adorable now but wont be in the future. I don't know how we are going to break her of the thumb sucking when she gets older. Any ideas??

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Move over Mariah...here comes Ryleigh! I talked to Tammy last week and she'd just been in for her 5 month apointment and only weighed 13 lbs. I hated taking my kids for shots, I cried just as much as they did almost. Since Rick and I were both students when Blake was a baby I made sure to set the appointments up for HIM to take Blake on as many shot appointments that I could...by the time I got to Ashlyn it didn't bother me as much, but it still made be cry. And how dare you write a post of her without including a picture...what a bad Mom!

Devin and Shannon Larsen said...

oops, my bad! Her next shot appointment I made on a Monday while I am at work so Devin will have to take her. Ha Ha!!

Unknown said...

Ours didn't suck their thumb, but Blake chews his nails though. We had to get the nail polish stuff that tastes yucky for nail bitting and thumb sucking. However, we did it at the end of kindergarden...too late! He quickly realized that it peals right off the nail, dang it! I'd let her be until she gets her first tooth (you don't to add anything to the Woolhiser dental genes by any means) then I'd put that stuff on her thumbs. (Luckily Blake stopped bitting his nails a couple of months ago on his own)