Saturday, August 8, 2015

AVID in San Diego

I left Devin and the kids at home to go to an AVID training for school in San Diego.  Grandma and Grandpa Larsen came up to watch the kids while Devin was at work.  We greatly appreciated it!  And felt bad that the air conditioner went out on them one day they were here.

Two of my coworkers and I were on the early flight Sunday morning so we had all day to hang out in San Diego before class on Monday.

First stop, breakfast at a tasty bagel shop.

Then it was off to the San Diego Zoo

We took the bus tour first to see what the zoo had in store for us.






We ended the zoo trip with the sky tram.


Sara and I were not too sure about being that high in the air.

After the zoo we met up with other coworkers that were on the second flight for lunch at KC BBQ.  This is where the piano scene in Top Gun was filmed.





Then we headed over to our hotel to check in.  This was the view from our room.


One night after class we rode the ferry over to Coronado Island for dinner.

Those 2 towers were our hotel

Ready to get back on the ferry to head back. 

A couple of nights we hung out by the pool around the fires they had.

We had a fun time hanging out after class each day but felt the actual classes we attended were a repeat of last year.  It was a good reminder though I guess.  I was excited to get back to my family.  However, I don't think they missed me at all with Grandma and Grandpa here.



No comments: