Saturday, June 7, 2014

Bentley Wallace

I was scheduled to be induced Sunday morning but since I tested positive for Group B Strep, my doctor wanted two doses of antibiotics in me before they induced.  So we spent all day in the hospital and finally started the induction at 4:30 that afternoon.  My doctor broke my water at 4:30 but I wasn't making much progress.  They started pitocin at 10:30 and Bentley finally came at 2:03 Monday morning.






7 lb 12 oz
21 inches long
My biggest baby, not that it took much to be bigger than his sisters.

Aunt Nicole and Grandma brought the girls to meet him at the hospital.

Ryleigh was pretty excited to see her new brother that she had been waiting for.

Bailey was pretty curious and had lots of questions about her new brother.

Ashlyn got to miss a few days of school to come meet her new cousin.

Zachary is so excited to have another boy cousin.



Bentley couldn't keep his blood sugar up so they admitted him to the NICU to give him fluids and antibiotics in case of infection.  He ended up not having an infection and kept his blood sugar up with after getting fluid so he only had to spend two days.



We finally got to go home on Wednesday right before lunch!


Ryleigh and Bailey were so excited to finally have him home.



Ryleigh asks several times a day to hold her baby brother.  She would hold him all day if I let her.


Nap time and snuggles with Grandma.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

How fun! We were so excited that it worked for us to come! I have quite a few pictures but will you email me pictures of him in NICU, in his carseat ready to come home, the one one the scale and the one of you and Devin holding him right after he was born so I can do his page in our book?! Can't wait to see him in a few weeks for the reunion!