Sunday, April 7, 2013

Already Has an Opinion

In my previous post I mentioned a fit Bailey threw over shoes.  I would love to say that this was an unusual occurrence.  However, it is not.  I bought her a pair of crocs a couple months ago.  She has an assortment of shoes so I added them to the rotation.  When getting her clothes out for the day I would pick a pair that went with the outfit.

The past few weeks she thinks she has an opinion on the jammies she wears and the shoes she wears.  If the jammies are dirty or I don't put on her crocs, it is a huge fit.  She refuses to wear anything but the crocs on her feet and always wants to wear her nightgown or feetsie jammies.  One day her crocs were in the wash so I put her new flip flops on.  Or should I say I tried.  She ended up going to Auntie's with out shoes on her feet that day.  Call me a mean mom, but I made her walk on the cold sidewalk with bare feet.  When Auntie tried putting her flip flops on later in the day to go outside she didn't want to walk in them.  Crocs are not my favorite shoe.  I think they are ugly but they are way nice for little kids because you can just throw them in the wash.

The fit she threw on Easter morning was over her wanting to wear her crocs to church.  I bought her a cute new pair of sandals to wear and she wanted to wear the ugly crocs to church.  It didn't happen.  She went on with her fit until we put her in the car to go to church and then she was fine and kept them on all day.

Not only will she not wear any other shoe, she wears them all the time.  A couple of times she has been upstairs crying and it was from either not putting her crocs back on after changing her diaper or her not being able to reach one of the crocs from her dresser.  More often than not, they go with her to bed.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hee her that is funny! We have had MANY fights over shoes in our house too...unfortunately they still happen :( girls and their shoes! I agree with you about Crocs though, UGLY, but my kids live them too....took them a LoNG time to get use to the fact they can't wear them year round here. They both tried to swear them MANy times without socks in the snow last winter!