Saturday, December 24, 2011

Cookies!

I decided at 7:30 this morning to go ahead and make my great grandmother's ginger cookies that we made every year growing up even though my husband doesn't like them.  Ryleigh helped out with every part of them.


Her favorite part was adding the sprinkles to her cookies.  I had to teach her to sprinkle from above, that she didn't need to put the bottle of sprinkles on the cookie.



All ten of her masterpieces.! There wasn't even any sprinkle mishaps.  Her favorite ones were the trees.

 
After all that hard work she thought she deserved to eat one.  She loved every bite of it!  That's my girl!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sooo jealous...the ones we did just weren't the same and I only ate one. Definitely gonna make just a 1/2 batch next year. They look so yummy. Way to be Ry and siding with the McDowell's on the cookies :)

Unknown said...

So sad that you were up at 7:30 to ponder cookies tho! :)

Kim said...

Way to go for keeping up with the family tradition. Devin and Rick are crazy that's all I have to say!