Saturday, October 1, 2011

The Small Window of Opportunity

If Ryleigh isn't asleep by 9:00 there is little hope of getting her to sleep before we are ready for bed.  I don't understand it!  Last night was a late night getting home after parent teacher conferences so it was one of those nights.  We heard her playing in her room and just let her be.  Devin went in at about 9:30 because he heard Lizzie in there.


He had me come in to look.  Ryleigh wasn't in her bed, on the floor, I didn't know where she was and my immediate thought was, oh no, she climbed in the crib with Bailey.  Nope, she had crawled under the crib and was hiding from us.  Never before has she crawled under the crib.  She was trying to be very quiet but Lizzie kept getting her and then she would giggle.  It was hilarious!  I had to get the camera.  Ryleigh had no idea we were watching.  Lizzie would walk away for a second and Ryleigh would whisper her name to come back.  They were at their little game for a good 10 minutes before we finally decided to "get after" Ryleigh for not being in bed.  Hide and Seek is no fun when Lizzie is around.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hilarious!! Ashlyn made me read the story twice cause it was so silly! It's reasons like that that my kids need a dog, so fun!